Tracking: “What gets measured gets managed”
“What gets measured gets managed” is the idea that if you’re measuring something, then the probability of you acting on the information you now have is a lot higher.
- Want to manage your time better? Track it!
- Want to manage your relationships better? Track them?
- Want to manage your life better? TRACK IT!!
Some ways I implement this philosophy (More in Tools):
- Track my time -> Toggl Track (I have a speech on this SPCOM223 Speech 3 + YT Video)
- Track my relationships -> Notion
- Track my daily progress -> Notion + Obsidian
- Track my learnings, goals, thoughts -> Obsidian
I should focus on a maker schedule. I think this is from Deep Work?