The meta problem is figuring out what problems are worth solving and what problems are ripe for solving. Andrej Karpathy introduced this to me.
“If I had an hour to solve a problem, I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” Albert Einstein
Goes together with First Principles.
Solving Meta-Problem. It was hard to wrap my head around what this means, but I think I am starting to get it.
When you want to solve intelligence, how do you solve that?
- Well, maybe you solve computer vision
- Solve how to interpret images
- Understand how vision and language are related
- Solving a way to connect image to language
- Or you think that intelligence is intrinsically a human thing, therefore go down the Philosophical road. “I think therefore I am” -> Psychology
The meaning of life is a meta-problem.
Business / Entrepreneurship
This is business context too.
They emphasize problem-oriented vs. solution-oriented approach. Using First Principles reasoning.
Life is full of Pattern.