Serendipity (“AHA Moment”)
Serendipity is “the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way”.
I feel like in 2A SE, I found a lot of great moments of serendipity, MAXIMAL LEARNING:
- Lots of overlaps of ideas about formal languages between SE212 and CS241E
- STAT206 and the things I am learning in Machine Learning, and F1TENTH
Make more conscious serendipity efforsts
I need to make more a conscious effort to connect concepts. For example, when I learned about the Decorator Design Pattern in class, I heard about Decorators in Python with the
@decorator, but I was not curious enough to check if these are connected.
There are too many to name nowadays, so I will just mention this page whenever I have an AHA Moment.
- Learning about Finite State Machine in WARG (a design team) through one of the team leads (Dhruv), and then I learn about this topic again in the planning algorithms book. Then, I also see this in ECE124, algorithm state machine which is different or the same.
- When I was writing down about Tabulation for ECE124, and I felt like that word was familiar but in a different context, I could instantly check out the note and see that I saw that concept in Dynamic Programming while I was preparing for Dynamic Programming while I was preparing for Leetcode.
- The Unit Step Function in ECE140 is actually the same thing as a heaviside function. I was going to add a new note for the unit step function until I realized that it’s actually the same as heaviside (but under a different name)!
- I was gonna write a note for Law of Large Numbers but realized I already had a note on that!!
- Making connections between, Motor, Alternating Current, Faraday’s Law, Magnetic Field, and just wow the entire world of magnetism!! It’s very fascinating, how these things work
- When I figured out that Successor Graphs are basically just Linked List, forget about it, and then get this aha moment again!!
I hear about the word Smart Pointer being thrown around a few times. So it does exist in my brain, but I don’t understand what I means. I am not pressed to learn about it right now, so I just create a page right now for it to represent that it does exist in my brain, but I will write about it more when I actually learn about it.