SE350: Operating Systems
Also read MTE325 course notes sent to you by Shah.
BEST TEXTBOOK: Operating Systems: Three Easy Pieces https://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~remzi/OSTEP/
- Available Locally file:///Users/stevengong/My%20Drive/Waterloo/3A/SE350/Operating%20Systems%20-%20Three%20Easy%20Pieces.pdf
Andrej Karpathy has been reading Operating Systems: Principles and Practices
- Should read this. I think SE350 will be taught through this..?
A Collection of Tutorials and Useful Information
Taken from the CS350 course webstite.
- Tutorials on C++, Gdb, etc.
- Assemblers, Linkers and the SPIM simulator.
This provides excellent information on the MIPS hardware/software interface. Including stack frames, procedure calls, exceptions, interrupts, etc.
- An Introduction to Programming with Threads, by Andrew Birrell
- Some C background information useful for the assignments.
Also see Real-Time Operating System.